Top 10 Places to Go in Miami Beach
Some people consider Miami, America’s sexist city. Miami, Florida is known for its upscale shopping centers, renowned spas, dance clubs, bars and sugar-white sands. It’s no wonder Miami ranks at number two on the Best Spring Break Destinations. If you’re planning a trip to Miami, you’ll want to know the top 10 places to go in Miami Beach to guarantee the time of your life. Here we go!
- If you’re visiting Miami Beach and feel like going for a stroll or bike ride, you should put aside a few hours to check out South Pointe Park and Pier. It’s located at the southernmost part of Miami Beach and features 17 acres of walking paths, grassy knolls and beautiful views of the ocean. South Pointe Park and Tier is free to visit and has plenty of space to relax and admire the ocean.
- Miami Beach is known for its art deco architecture which can be witnessed by taking a look at the various buildings. If you love geometric shapes and bold, vivid colors like those from the 20’s and 30’s, you’ll love taking an art deco tour. For about $25, you’ll be able to take a walking tour through the South Beach neighborhood to learn more about the beautifully preserved architecture.
- If you love to shop, you’ll love the Lincoln Road Mall. It’s a mile-long shopping area with all the popular stores and restaurants you can think of! There are so many things to do here aside from shopping like catching a movie, attending an outdoor concert or even exploring an art gallery. Almost every restaurant has happy hour deals and outdoor seating available. You can’t miss Lincoln Road Mall when you visit Miami Beach!
- When you’re ready to put on your bikini and live like a native, you have to spend a half day at Lummus Park. This is where you’ll find attractive sunbathers, celebrities and supermodels. People come here to people-watch, relax, sunbathe and exercise. Only potential problem here is if you drove you might have a hard time finding parking so taking an Uber or taxi is a good idea.
- I wouldn’t be able to give you a proper ‘Top 10 Places to Go in Miami Beach’ list if I didn’t include this one. If you’re up for something a bit more risque, you should visit Haulover Beach Park. Don’t feel like wearing clothes? Well at Haulover Beach Park you don’t have to! Even better, many people like the fact that this beach is laid back and not as packed with people. If you’re worried about stripping down to your birthday suit, there are sections for those that aren’t too keen on seeing nude people everywhere.
- Ready to venture out into Miami nightlife? STORY Nightclub will be one of your highlights and most memorable times at Miami Beach. The energy, good vibes, and music will ensure you have a great time and will easily serve as one of your new favorite night clubs. If you want to have a good time, this club will not disappoint.
- For a comfortable bar complete with amazing cocktails, great food and a swimming pool, you should visit Broken Shaker Bar. It’s a casual bar with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly servers. How does a cold cocktail pool-side sound?
- To kick the tempo up a bit, Miami nightlife isn’t complete without stopping by Mango’s Tropical Cafe. Mango’s features live Latin music, hip hop and a dance floor that makes you feel like a million bucks. It’s a bit touristy but the dance shows put on by the staff are exciting, plus, who doesn’t like live music?
- Next stop, Ocean Drive. Ocean Drive is one of the most famous boulevards in Miami and probably in the entire world. You’ll never be bored because there are so many people, stores, restaurants, rooftop bars and various beach activities. Things can be a bit pricey here but many travelers say the best way to experience Ocean Drive is to just walk down the street.
- This couldn’t be the top 10 places to go in Miami Beach without mentioning South Beach, my number one pick! Visiting South Beach is a must-do if you’ll be in Miami Beach. Put a day aside and immerse yourself in something exciting, the possibilities are endless! You can visit the breath-taking beach, get amazing food, shop until you drop, or experience the legendary nightlife. There are always festivals and events going on and it’s easy to meet tons of interesting and friendly people. South Beach has a well-deserved reputation and for good reason, travelers from around the world say South Beach is one of the best vacations places in the country.
Where would you like to visit most on this list?